Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Intentional Dots - two

Ideas and reality do have a relationship to each other, it just is never clear in advance what that will be.

A dot a day..... imagine a wicked laugh now. How about a dot once in a while?

A big dot takes several hours,

a little dot can take half an hour.

Depends on how intricate I make them.
At this stage it is hard to imagine the entire background being filled with dots. This is where the faith comes into working with a medium that takes forever to complete, I must trust that the idea is good enough to last the ba-zillion hours it will take to get to a stage when I can assess it objectively. Right now, I am involved in a subjective process, I need to see the colours go through my hands to feel good every day and the emotional content of the project is larger than the critical analysis.
It has been a long time since I've allowed so much spontaneity and impulse into a work. Let's see where it leads, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment