Wednesday, June 27, 2018

New Big Project

Studio Windows!

Ten years ago I moved into the nearly deserted family room. People hadn't watched TV for months, no video games were being played and I thought, "Why clean this room if it is unused? I hoiked all my studio gear down from various closets, the attic, our bedroom and nooks and crannies. A studio was created. The only thing I was unhappy about was this.



This sorry assed little window let in hardly any light, was way too high for me to look out of and let in tons of cold air in the winter. Construction began on opening up the window to let in the lovely view and the lovely northern light.


 It looked scary for half a day, but I trusted.






I will be able to see my hard work in the garden every day now.



....Ta Da! Brent and Sam and Devon (not in picture) were the heroes who put it all together.

Steve's office has had a makeover as well. The plate glass window had failed ages ago, but we didn't have the money.

We didn't realize the view in the summer is so pleasant.


Now he has opening windows, a better quality light, as it isn't compromised by fogged up glass and the room looks a lot better. I voted for the wood paneling to be painted out, but it is his room, and he voted that it stays. I don't get it.


The front of the house looks a whole lot better also.


I am gloriously happy and now get to paint the studio and get it back together with a whole new approach to what to goes where.

1 comment: