Monday, December 3, 2018

And some stitching

A second hanky, somewhat sheer and now stitched with a suggestion of a story.


It opens with a little blue bird, as many animal stories do. The image quality is really crummy, my apologies.


Who is joined by a rabbit.


And then a fox wanders in.


A fish and a mouse are invited.





Here's where the story gets weird. The final creature is gathering its stripes. I intended one thing, my husband saw another.




I really enjoyed making this creature. There is a silk tie underneath the stitching that is rolled up inside of itself to raise it up.




What do you think? Snake or dragon boat?

It was tough photographing this project. My camera still dislikes a white background. The outside light was so grey and there was a lot of reflected light from overhead lights. I thought the images looked alright at the time, but I see that is not really the case. I need to investigate in a decent photo manipulation program. I use a Nikon Coolpix P90 to get good quality images, but it ain't happening. I also have an Ipad thingy that takes alright images but they look tons better once I've jiggled them a bit. However, the I pad thingy and the blog do not intersect technologically that I am aware of. Another project.

mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment