Monday, December 18, 2017

A few more photos that inspire me

It is interesting that different things capture our attention at different times. Sometimes we notice colour, sometimes we notice people. A lot can depend on our mood or a lot can depend on how different an environment is to us. We've had the good luck to travel around a some, both rural and urban. At times a tree seems like any other tree and sometimes one city is the same as any other. It is the hidden or the unexpected that makes us get a little tingle of appreciation and we want to capture that. Here is a small offering of some tingles from my photo archive.


Grand Manan Island was a foggy vacation. The Queen's Anne's Lace stood out against the green with a nice sparkle.


We drove into the parking garage at the Halifax airport and snagged a spot right beside the overpass to the airport entrance. A rainy day and no breeze meant the drips just trembled there.


A rather weird moment on Grand Manan. We had just left a fairly typical woodland trail, mostly with wood chips paths and logs over the boggy bits when this very, very groomed hedge appeared. I don't recall the full story, but this hedge is a community effort.


Again on Grand Manan Island, a rather clever set of steps up a sharp hill


The local community garden had several sunflowers growing much taller than me. This one curved back down to my eye level.


Looking out my kitchen window. Some flowers in a bud vase leaning over. They looked so nice against the neighbours teal-blue wall. He painted that about 10 years ago, only the first coat. His marriage fell apart before the second coat was applied. It is a dreadful looking wall. It finally had a purpose.


I didn't realize how well I had lined this image up until I saw it enlarged. At a friend's cottage, the hill appears to have buried the neighbour's cottage. The little triangle in the upper left is a brass down spout.

Along a canal tour in Amsterdam. The canal is so long and so busy that air traffic control methods are used to keep everyone from bashing into everyone else. This is one little "island" that is completely filled with containers.


I think this is the ceiling of the Oude Kerk in Amsterdam. The church has been turning into a museum. It hosts musical events and has a very nice tea shop. I wish I had a close up of the tiles intersecting at the arch. I think some interesting intersections are happening up there. But I also like the slight gold look at the centre of the arches.

I still have Spain and Turkey to stroll through. Come on back next week for one country or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment