Monday, July 16, 2018

Big Project continues

The slow road to completion. Sometimes I think that should be the title to this blog. I've been trucking along, getting paint over everything. Steve has helped to re-install shelves and he will paint the window trim when the time comes.


The dining room continues to look like a bomb hit it, but it has entirely different stuff all about. I have sorted through tons of items and the ones in the dining room are not coming back into the Studio.


What I plan to do with all this stuff is a mystery, but not one worth writing a book about.
I decided that only the things that are used regularly or are valuable or projects in process will be in the studio.

I also decided that each shelf set represents a day of the week. On Monday, I blog. On Tuesday I write. On Wednesday, poor old Hot Flash Woman needs to be resurrected. Thursday is the day to stitch and Friday is sewing machine day. There is one shelf set dedicated to knitting items, because I do that in the evenings.

I think this strategy will work. It means no shoving things into nooks and crannies because I can. Stuff can't go on a shelf unless it is absolutely in use and relevant to that day's work.


I also decided to get rid of the TV and the arm chair. Everything feeds through the computer anyways, and no matter what I was watching, I had to regularly get up out of the arm chair to stop or start things. The plan is to sit at the desk and work while watching TV. If I want to fling myself into a comfy chair, I can go to the living room.

I've been getting overwhelmed in the garden this summer and decided to try this sectioning of time out there. Monday is veg bed day. Tuesday is deck area and so on. The goal is to not get stressed about yesterday's unfinished list. Move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment