Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Back at my post

After a month at our camp that doesn't have any electricity or internet, we are back home and catching up.

I read around 30 books,
I didn't do any weight lifting or exercise,
I lifted a 15 foot log from one spot to another (Steve helped),
pulled a 150 lb. boat out of the water onto the shore, (it's Steve's boat),


and knit 3 pairs of socks.



Almost 3 pairs, the last pair is just about to see the heel turn.


We really had a wonderful month and are so lucky to be able to get away for weeks in a row.


Not having electricity and internet is such a good intervention for ourselves, and dropping deep into so many books is the best vacation in the world, I think.


This closet is the culmination of cleaning out the studio. Once again, I cleaned out fabric I didn't want, sorted it into piles and returned it to shelves, the worst of returning the studio to normal was over. I decided to take the attitude that the studio is a future looking place, not a backwards looking place. I have two piles of projects that for whatever reasons are incomplete and I am just sick of. The step with those is to either find a new home or send them along to be recycled.

Now, back to a schedule, seeing people and meeting goals. Yahoo.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you had a grand month without electricity or internet. That is something we too experience each year for a few weeks. .. :-)

    Like the idea of the studio is a future looking place, Laureen .. :-)

    ReplyDelete