Tuesday, October 9, 2018

More projects see the light of day

Weather'n nut, the title of the little embroidery is as finished as I can make it right now.

Here is a close up.


I am planning on several sheer hankies to stitch upon, so the final finish is still to come.


This little beauty, and I do think it is beautiful, was knit just in time for summer. It is a top down (as in from the neck to the hem) pattern that I figured out myself. I knew I wanted sleeveless pullover A-shape top with a short v neck. I knit both the right and left front sides on the same needles until I was an inch beyond the point of the neck, then did the same for the back. When everything was the same length, I switched it all to circular needles and sang along.


I tucked it all up in a freezer bag and stashed it behind the ground beef in the freezer. It is perfect for keeping warm but pulling off if it warms up through the day.


If it is blurry and out of focus, you can call it artistic.

I blocked it and took an artistic shot or two and now it is ready to go.

In Karen's class (see right side bar for link) we are working on pockets and embroidery and a bunch of other things. Several classes ago, I began this book of pockets. I still write letters to my dead Grandmother in law and my Godmother. I wanted somewhere to send the letters to and decided a little book of letter holding pockets for each would work nicely.


This book is for Great Grammy as I called her, because she was so wonderful to me. Everything in her life was "lilac".

Mauve toilet, sinks, and two mauve bathtubs. When we moved to Nova Scotia, I was telling this story at a gathering and a woman spoke up and said, "That was my son finding her those toilets. He nearly killed himself finding three mauve toilets!" I laughed but she didn't think it was funny. The power of mauve.


There are details to add and the backs so that pockets will form. The backs will need stitching as well.

My next big project, (it's been in the works for a few months) is to switch this blog to another spot. I have combined my comic book HotFlash Woman and her syde kik "Steamy" with Cloundmongers and Soup. I've added a gallery of images of my art and something else that I forget. Maybe poetry. But I forget.

I am hoping everything will be transferred over by the end of the month. There will be a link at the top of this blog's homepage to the new blog. I will also get more serious on Instagram. Goals, goals, goals. I hope you will join me at the new blog. What's it called? It's called Laureen van Lierop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment