Monday, January 14, 2019

I've been invited to be interviewed for a blog that should be available to link to soon. The works on the photo wall below will be shown. The dolls were all made over the past few years. I call them the Vine Girls.

The three upper left pieces are themed on garden paths or flowers in a bowl. The longer piece is stitched on paper and called "A String of Spring".


I have finished "3 Sneezes Make a Wish" but still need to sort out how to mount them as a group.


I really don't know how to photograph larger pieces with small details. Is there a good You-tube video out there anyone can recommend?


The little blue girl is "Weather or Nut". The one below doens't have a name yet.


 The snake's tail was fun to do.


The "String of Spring" is over three feet long, stitched on paper.


I finally finished a skirt begun two years ago.


I had used this pattern in the past and made a skirt definitely too big, I sized it down according to the pattern's measurements, but it looked too small. Two friends gave me some advice and between the three of us, I chose a size, took a deep breath and cut. The sewing takes very little time. The sweater was knit about 5 years ago, making the outfit entirely made by me (except stockings, undies and bra) Undies are a future plan. I'm pretty happy with the outcome.

At the end of December I went a little mad with on-line shopping. Two fabric shops, a book store, a calendar and a course with Karen Ruane (link on sidebar) were bought. Then fun of fun, they all arrived a day after my birthday, making another day all about Me!


The long cotton lace piece will be added to a piece I haven't blogged about. The blue is a heavy-ish textured knit for a jumper or sweater. The creamy one and the rose-y one will be winter neutrals next year. The two books from Persephone Press in the UK are a real treat. The catalogue comes out twice a year and after a thrilling adventure with a marker and the past issues, I decide what to buy next, then buy them when I am feeling blue. This season reads are, The Far Cry by Emma Smith, and Mariana by Monica Dickens. I no longer remember the reason for choosing these books, so part of the adventure is in the re-discovery of what captured my attention.


As part of that sewing weekend, I also finished off an old, old project. This little table topper has several old fabrics from the 1940's. I wish I hadn't chosen that dark pink in the centre, it is too dense. If I find a better fabric, I will applique over it, but until then, back in the drawer it goes. Unless someone out there likes it as it is. Let me know, I'll mail it to you.

I made a set of curtains for Steve's office that I will blog about more once the other parts of the room are done.


Steve is sanding paint off of an old drafting table and refinishing it. Could be a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment