Tuesday, January 8, 2019

79 Photos?

I have taken 79 photos and thought I had shared them on the blog at least once since the 17th. Time flies when there are good books around.


The last piece in "3 sneezes make a wish" is done.


This was really fun to work on.


I thought I would have a lot of trouble with traveling threads or knots coming up onto the surface of the hanky, but the only problem I had was the needle sliding out of the work.


When coming up from the bottom and moving my hand to the top of the work to pick up the needle, the needle would fall down. Often. The background is very thin, the needle didn't grab into anything.
This project now needs a way to be hung as a group. There is a vague idea floating in my head.


Sometime back I moaned about outstanding projects that take up mental and physical space. One of these was a sweater I received from a dear friend, many years ago. I wear this year round. An attack of moths (twice) meant some holes in the back which my daughter darned a couple of Christmas's ago.

This Christmas break I darned the elbows. Moths or lots of leaning on elbows, I don't know, but the holes were getting pretty large. There will come a point when there is more darning than sweater, and even then, I doubt I will take this off.


My second group of three stitched images is underway.


I expect it will be a threesome, but I haven't chosen the other two.


I am using a different thread. It is called cotton a broder and it is a bugger to get hold of. The US provider is out of business, so it is off to England I shall go. In fact, that is a good reason to go to England myself. I must check out the shop that supplies it, once I find one. There is a book store that has a side space that sells amazing cakes and teas. And i want to go back to the TATE. A field trip is building.

No comments:

Post a Comment