Monday, February 4, 2019

January Makes and near makes

I've noticed on a few sewing vlogs that I follow that folks are summing up the things they make every month. I had several goals, nearly all met.


Stitching on the new project has moved along nicely, I hope to have it done in a few months. As I stitch, more ideas about how to detail the parts roll in.


I purchased the fabric for Steve's shirt several months back and meant to have it done two months ago. Buttons still need to go on, but then, voila.


It is probably the best shirt I have made so far. The collar went together without any hitches, same with the cuffs.












And the knitting on the sweater also nears its final moment. I will sew the parts together and start the collar.


The goals...sweater and shirt finished by Friday.


To make things less challenging, ha ha, I started knitting a sweater of my own. It has a bit of a lace pattern that needs concentration. Yikes.


At the end of January, Steve and I, along with our son and his girlfriend went to Sheffield Mills to see the eagles. The farmers out there toss out the dead chickens and the eagles just love to eat them! This day, the eagles weren't hungry. They stayed in the trees and mocked the over 300 people standing in a field, watching them watch us.

No comments:

Post a Comment