The last time I was visiting my mom, I spied this sewing basket in the storage closet, alongside a bunch of things that didn't look much used.
Mom said I could have the basket and the next challenge was to fit it into the suitcase with the tons of stuff I had managed to collect. It made it home safely and this Victoria Weekend, I repaired it.
It isn't a beautiful repair job, but it works. As I was sitting here, waiting for pictures to upload to the blog, I thought of a cunning way to get a pair of embroidery scissors to not disappear to the bottom of the basket. I am going to ask my very clever husband to install a small bit of metal dead center of the puff, so I can put a magnet hook the outside of the puff. Then the scissors will remain in sight when I stitch. I'll update you on it when the cunning plan is done.
Karen Ruane's Lace course is completed, but the stitching isn't.
The tiniest flowers have been done in regular thread. It was an accident. I thought I had embroidery thread in the needle. They look so delicate, but I was aghast when I realized which thread I had used. Now I am committed to doing more in the larger space at the bottom of the tulle.