Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Yellow bowl, pink sweater

Before I forget, there won't be a blog next week. Steve and I will be celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and I don't want to have to have any responsibilities then. Much fun is planned. That means photos.

For this week, I have managed to get a good amount of stitching done on my yellow bowl piece. Above is last week's stitching.


This is this week's.


I like many of the individual elements, especially the coral looking white with the French Knots of two pinks.

I also like these little puffs.


I think I may have put these two pieces of lace up too high, but since they have been embellished with more lace and stitching, I can't imagine cutting them out and lowering them.


I can't seem to get them to coalesce with a focal point. Just above where the rim of the bowl "is" should be something wonderful. I can't get wonderful to happen. Maybe I should draw a mustache?



And, the sweater is done. A few moments of threading in the last strands of wool, a bit of wet blocking and Bingo. I'm not sure I love the collar. It is meant to be a stand up crew neck that is a bit taller than ordinary. I'll have to wear it a bit before deciding if I want to make changes. However, I am so sick of knitting this sweater that I threw the instructions out into the wet compost so there was no chance of rescuing them. Luckily, I have no idea from where the pattern originated, so it might be a case of Doris Day "kay sera sera". See you in two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment