Monday, February 25, 2019

Flu versus sewing

Another bout of flu offset but a surprising amount of getting things done. The first three days I learned all kinds of things about the homeless in Japan. Interesting and diverting but not too useful. Then I went into the rabbit hole of The Great British Sewing Bee, seasons one to four. I don't have a link because I wandered all over You Tube to find the different episodes.



Inspired, I gathered up Steve's sweater and finally added the missing button.


He really likes wearing it on the weekends. It turns out to be pretty snuggly.

I purchased 2 metres of a Bamboo Jersey Knit from Blackbird Fabrics (here) after Christmas and made version two of the Toaster Sweater. Only it was huge. I snipped out the arms, trimmed the armholes and re-inserted the arms. Inside out and upside down. Yup.

I guess I could have smiled.

I remeasured everything again, re-cut the arms out, reduced the side seams and finally, have a top that I can wear. I made the mistakes before the cold came in, and solved them while coughing up a storm.

 


Phoebe asked for an apron for her birthday and I supplied. Although this is one of the smaller projects I have ever made, it is probably the best made.

The details were fun.



She gets wet across the front when she does the dishes and wanted some pockets on the sides. I added some rip cord nylon inside the centre pocket and lengthened the waistband tie.


The bias binding turned out perfectly, for a change and the entire apron looks just so professional. I made it in time for Steve to get it to the post office so it will arrive in time. Happy Birthday Phoebe, if you are reading this before the 28th.

No comments:

Post a Comment