Monday, March 4, 2019

Broken sewing machine - OW

Yesterday there was a dial. I didn't remember what it did. Instead of getting up and finding the manual, I turned it. Boing!
That's it. No more zigzag, or stretch stitch, or button hole parts. Only straight stitch remains.
I guess that isn't a complete disaster. I can still stitch cottons or most other woven fabrics, but forget button holes or certain seam finishes. But worst of all, I can't sew any knits and I have a line up of knits to sew.
That took up a certain amount of my day, stomping around and trying the stitches several times to make sure they were broken.


I did manage to get a certain birthday present done and I am pleased with the outcome. This is what I call my miracle apron because it comes up high under the collar and food doesn't fall behind the apron.





 It also wraps around the hips. That way when I forget to use a towel, I can wipe my hands on my hips. That happens all the time. The apron helps the jeans last longer.



Well, that's a crummy picture. The close ups are better.


We are on our second messy blizzard. I should have been watching movies and stitching, but instead, I shoveled and watched ridiculous You Tube videos and didn't stitch. Self sabotage there. February is the month in which anything that gets done is considered a success.



Getting out of bed, feeding the cat, finding socks.... Anything that involves some physical exertion and a minor amount of thinking is a successful achievement. Last weeks sewing projects, some stitching this weekend and an apron, plus roaring around with my snowblower make this February a brilliant success.

Part of my procrastination is that I know this piece needs something significantly more beyond this image but the mind is blank. I will get this bit done and show it around a bit to some friends and see what happens. I will also head out into the freezing ice pellets in the direction of the woodpile, make a fire, make some cheese and crackers and return to You Tube. Snow ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment