Monday, March 11, 2019

Pfaff-ing along

I have bought a new sewing machine! The Pfaff passport 2.0 is now sitting merrily in my sewing area a.k.a. the dining room. The broken Pfaff, a marvelous 30 year old built in West Germany, is hopefully getting  a repair and I will save it for making lace cloth.


During the time between the two machines, I pulled out the hand stitching and remembered my pledge to respect each day. My goal is that each day, there is a general task (studio, writing, stitching, gym) that I need to make sure happens and the remainder of the list needs to come second. Even if I don't accomplish a ton on each day's task, I feel a lot better if I don't let them drift off.


I am always surprised how much I can get done in an hour when I concentrate.


I've also remembered that taking at least one picture a day for Instagram really helps me focus.


I've also remembered that other people's priorities do not have to be my priorities. Nothing specific to report there, but a little gentle pressure from some others wanting my time triggered my "No Thank you, I can't take advantage of that opportunity right now." mantra.


So now, with a lovely late winter sun shining, the sound of car tires driving through melting snow and the occasional bird song, I will pick up needle and thread and get to work on that lawn chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment