Monday, March 25, 2019

Sewing along

The snake begins to take shape. I'm using a silk tie that has a nicely blended back.


There should be enough to make the entire length of the snake. It goes along quickly.


With the new sewing machine I finished the Wiksten jacket.



I bought the fabric from Style Makers in the US. Tons of shipping costs make it a bit of a pill to swallow but I do like this fabric.



I prefer to smile when there isn't a camera. I thought I was grinning my head off.


I bought this striped fabric two years ago from Darrell Thomas in Ottawa. It is a wool knit and is so comfy. The pattern is Blank Slate's Boatline t-shirt. It has a curving hem line.


I'm pretty proud of the stripe matching. I've been watching the Great British Sewing Bee and remembered the importance of basting. A little basting went a long way here.


I've been lucky enough to be asked to join a local allotment garden. It's about a 30 minute walk away. I have a plot that is 10'x10'. I always moan about the amount of yard work I have here at the house, then I always add in some veg in a raised bed and it always fails. Why not take on more opportunities for failure I thought. I have to figure out how to fit it into my schedule, get back on the studio output trail and return to writing. I haven't taken that seriously as of late. Many details to sort out so the spring is springy.

No comments:

Post a Comment