Monday, November 12, 2018

SAQA Atlantic retreat

I spent this weekend past in Debert Hospitality Centre with 12 other textile artists and had a brilliant time.


We talked about textile art in general, had a speaker give a presentation on how to write grants for money and residencies as well as getting one self organized for this kind of work.


I found it interesting that the several artists who are getting their work shown were pretty calm about the amount of computer related time it takes to present oneself. Those of us who struggle with it or ignore it altogether have a correspondingly low presence on gallery walls. Lesson learned.

My images are of the art work shown in the evenings, when we gathered with wine and goodies to talk about specific works.


I took images on the second night, so this is a limited amount of the work shown.


Both of the above images are work by Kristi Ferrier


I am not certain who made this, the person holding it up is not the artist, i think.

Shibori dying by Jeanine Gunn.


Section of a piece also by Jeanine.

In a few days there will be further images posted and you can see that (here)

I am looking forward to next year's retreat, which yours truly is organizing, since the topic will be how to receive and give critiques to others and to oneself.

While I was in Toronto, I began two small sketchbooks, developing one of these images,


and the other sketchbook is aa day by day reflection of my time there, starting with an organ concert.
This is the last post on this blog, come on over to the website to continue the conversation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment